Terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PRIVACY AND OTHER POLICIES RELATING TO DONATIONS TO THE POLICE FOUNDATION AND INSTITUTE
About the Police Foundation & Institute
The Police Foundation & Institute is a multidisciplinary think tank that brings the police and citizen stakeholders together, dedicated to collectively work for reforms in policing, focused on raising the ethical values and service delivery standards of the police. The Foundation is a coalition of progressive police officers, retired officers of the police / civil services, academic scholars, civil society, media and industry leaders, who believe that reform and modernisation of the Indian Police is critical for India's economic and social development. The Indian Police Foundation (IPF) and Indian Police Institute (IPI) are subsidiaries of the registered parent organisation, the Police Foundation and Institute.
Acceptance of Donations by the Police Foundation and Institute
Please note that the Police Foundation accepts donations only from Indian citizens and Indian corporates and in Indian Rupees only. We do not accept donations from external sources or in any other currency other than Indian Rupees.
Donations qualify for income tax exemption
The Police Foundation and Institute is registered as a charitable organisation and qualify for appropriate exemptions under provisions of section 80G of the Income Tax Act, as may be amended from time to time. A copy of the Registration Document is available with us and will be made available to donors on request.
1. The Police Foundation and Institute collects information from the users, for example, when the user:
- Makes a donation
- Signs up for the events of the Foundation
2. While forwarding a donation for the Police Foundation and Institute the donors have to submit some personal information as it would help us in accounting and identifying the correct donor. So we request you to provide the following information while making a donation:
- Your name
- Your email and mailing address
- Your mobile phone number
- Your payment processing details
- Any other data as required
3. The Police Foundation and Institute does not collect or record the user's personal information unless he/she chooses to provide it.
Use of Personal Information
1. As of now, the IPF website does not have a provision for user login. Our website only provides general information for those who like to know more about our organisation. The website also provides data and various research resources relating to policing. General browsing of the website of the Indian Police Foundation and Institute is anonymous and it does not register the user's personal information except the time, date and place of visits and the name of internet service provider. This data is used only for statistics purposes.
2. On occasions when we make announcements regarding upcoming programmes etc, the website may invite potential audience to sign up for specific programmes. By signing up for various events of the Foundation, the user explicitly authorizes us to collect information based on the information provided by the user. Such information is used only in connection with the events.
3. The Police Foundation and Institute keeps the user information strictly confidential and this information is secured safely. All relevant information so collected is handled and used by authorized officials of the Foundation only. Such information is never shared with any external agencies or third party individuals.
4. The Police Foundation and Institute uses the information so gathered by it in the following ways:
- To keep an accurate record of all the donations received.
- To update donors and participants of the events about future happenings and developments through bulletins and newsletters, with an option to unsubscribe for the same.
Privacy of e-mail lists
Individuals who join the mailing lists of the Police Foundation and Institute are assured that their email / phone databases are kept safely by the organisation. The Foundation does not share, sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease the addresses on our lists to anyone.
1.The Police Foundation and Institute uses well-recognised and proven technology for payments. Payment information is transferred by the use of an SSL connection which offers the highest degree of security that the donor's browser is able to support.
2. Several layers of built-in security, including an advanced firewall system, encryption of credit card numbers, and use of passwords, protect the collected information.
External Web Services
1. The Police Foundation and Institute uses a number of external web services on its site to display content within its web pages. For example, it uses various social media platforms like facebook, twitter and to display videos it uses YouTube. As with the social media buttons, the Police Foundation cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on the user's consumption of the content embedded on its site.
3. The Police Foundation and Institute is not responsible for, or liable to any loss or damage caused to a user by the collection, use and retention of Personal Information by such website in any manner whatsoever. It is important that the users review the privacy policies of all websites they visit before disclosing any information to such websites.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Please note that donations made to the Police Foundation and Institute are done in exercise of the free will of the donors and well-wishers. No refund/cancellation for the donated amount would be possible. No requests for refund / cancellation will be entertained.
Terms and Conditions
Before making any financial donation to the Police Foundation and Institute, please note the following Terms and Conditions:
The Police Foundation and Institute is a charitable body and the donations and contributions received by the organisation will be strictly used for furthering the vision and mission of the Foundation.
By making use of this site, you agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
The Foundation reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified. The Police Foundation and Institute shall not be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of India.
The Police Foundation and Institute has been registered as a Society under the Societies Registration Act 1860, at the following address:
C8/8758, Vasant Kunj