Annual Conference 2017
22 sept 2017
3:00 PM to 6:30 PM
India International Centre
The Indian Police Foundation has been observing September 22 as the Police Reforms Day, the day when the Hon’ble Supreme Court delivered its historic verdict on police reforms. This year on that day, the Foundation in partnership with Common Cause, organized its Annual Conference at the Multipurpose Hall, India International Centre, New Delhi.
The theme of the conference was:
A Strong and Resurgent India Needs a Modern & People-Centric Police that is Unwaveringly Committed to the Rule of Law.
The event saw some of the top political leaders, policy makers, legal luminaries and thought leaders discussing the issues openly, to explore what could be the practical road towards reforming and modernising the Indian Police. Our panelists included:
1. Mr. Justice G. S Singhvi, Former Supreme Court Judge
2. Mr. R. K Singh, Minister of State for Power and Renewable Energy
3. Mr. Sitaram Yechuri, General Secretary, Communist Party of India (Marxist)
4. Mr. Jairam Ramesh, MP, Rajya Sabha
5. Mr. K T S Tulsi, MP, Rajya Sabha, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court
6. Mr. Manoj Mitta, Journalist, The Times of India
7. Mr. Prakash Singh, Chairman, Indian Police Foundation